It is so important to find just the right mover for you and your family. Your professional mover should feel like a member of your team. Here are five tips to help you make the right choice.
- Plan ahead. Set a date early so that you will have the time to find the right mover. ClickandMove can help you do this by facilitating the process. Put together your inventory by the click of a mouse and then send movers your inventory electronically, which will help you save time and energy.
- Once you get your estimates, you can begin to short list your movers. You can start by seeing which companies fit in your budget.
- With the short list of movers, you can then begin your due diligence. Check with professional organizations like AMSA (American Moving and Storage Association) and BBB (Better Business Bureau). Review their credentials and reputation. Further, you want to get the MC number of the company, which will allow you to do more research on the size of the company, their fleet and standing. Once you have this number go to ProtectYourMove.gov and enter it in to the form and it will give you a great deal of information about the company.
- Call your mover and get a feel for their personality and customer service. This will help you understand their corporate culture.
- Review their reputation and presence online. This will help you understand their connection to their customers and if they are tech savvy.
The key takeaway is to do your due diligence ahead of time to ensure you find the right moving company to be your team member through your move.