When you are selecting the right mover for you, you want to make sure you take time to understand your options and choices. First, you want to evaluate your needs and then you want to clarify them. Once you have a keen understanding of what you need, you will be ready to make your selection. These five questions will help you make your decision.
- Experience. You want to get an understanding of the movers experience and longevity. This will help you assess their standing. Remember to get their MC# so that you can go to www.protectyourmove.gov to get a better understanding of their reputation and history in the business.
- Capacity. You want to know whether or not your mover has the capacity to meet your moving needs. Ask the tough questions so that you are fully aware of what is available to you. This is especially true if you are moving a great distance or internationally.
- Insurance. You want to make sure that you understand what is covered. Ask your mover what is included in your moving service and what is not. You need to understand what you will be responsible for so that you do not have any gaps in coverage.
- Policies and Procedures. When you meet with your moving professional, get a clear understanding about their policies and procedures. You should know about how to contact your mover in case of a problem and understand how to file a claim in the event of damage.
- Technology. Given all of the advances today and different ways of communicating, ask you mover about your options. Ask them if they can accommodate texts, emails or instant messaging. This will help you get a clear understanding of what is available to you and convenient for you.